IMPORTANT - Please make sure that the model number (located on the back) of the Multisensor 6 is the ZW100 before downloading and performing the update process.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, MultiSensor 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have MultiSensor 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, MultiSensor 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave compliant Z-Wave USB Adapters from any manufacturer) and Microsoft Windows.
Requirements for OTA update:
- Windows PC (XP and above)
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (Z-Stick, UZB1, SmartStick+, or other standard Z-Wave USB Adapters can be used)
Firmware Change Logs:
1. Battery report may report 0% incorrectly
2. While sensor is under extreme lighting over 30000 Lux, the report may show as 0.
1. Accuracy of Temperature and Humidity sensor accuracy improved while used on USB power
2. Added Configuration settings and changes
V1.10 + V1.11:
1. Added addition setting for Parameter 81 to completely disable LED.
Parameter 81 [1 byte size]
0 = All LED allowed
1 = Disable Motion sensor only.
2 = Disable all LED activity (LED will still flash if gateway sends a message/signal to Multisensor 6).
2. Size change for Parameters 41, 49, and 50 to 4 byte size.
3. Updated Z-Wave Library
4. US, AU frequency V1.10 equivalent to V1.11 EU frequency.
5. Version CC and Manufacturing CC listed under secure network.
6. Improved accuracy of lighting sensor
7. Engineering Sheet Updated:
V1.10 Engineering Sheet (Internal Settings)
To upgrade your MultiSensor 6 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your MultiSensor 6 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your MultiSensor 6 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your MultiSensor 6.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your MultiSensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.06
European Union version frequency - version 1.06
United States version frequency - version 1.06
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.07
European Union version frequency - version 1.07
United States version frequency - version 1.07
V1.10 and V1.11
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.10
European Union version frequency - version 1.11
United States version frequency - version 1.10
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “MultiSensor_6_***.ex_” to “MultiSensor_6_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the MultiSensor 6's “Action Button”. At this stage, the MultiSensor 6 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Multisensor 6 (shows as "Sensor Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your MultiSensor 6 will begin.
12. If the Multisensor 6 is battery powered, the firmware update may not initiate right away. just tap the button on the Multisensor 6 then the update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.
14. If you find any issues from your device not being able to set configurations properly, please make sure to first unpair your Multisensor from your network to avoid phantom nodes, then run a factory reset by holding the Multisensor 6 action button for 20 seconds.
15. Now re-include your Multisensor 6 back into your network.