Aeotec Micro Double Switch user guide.
Aeotec Micro Double Switch has been crafted to power connected lighting using Z-Wave.
To see whether Micro Double Switch is known to be compatible with your Z-Wave system or not, please reference our Z-Wave gateway comparison listing. The technical specifications of Micro Double Switch can be viewed at that link.
In-Wall Electrical Installation Instructions.
IMPORTANT: The electricity to the circuit must be shut off during installation for safety and to ensure that wires are not short-circuited during installation thus causing damage to Micro Module.
Dismounting In Wall Box.
1. Remove the two screws securing the cover plate.
2. Remove the wall switch cover plate.
3. Remove the two screws securing the wall switch to the wall box. Disconnect both wires from the wall switch.
Preparing and Connecting Wires.
Micro Double Switch must first be powered by a 3-wire system (with neutral) in order to operate. The wiring diagram is as follows:
1. Live/Hot Wire (Black) Connection – Connect the Line Active (Brown wire) to the “L in” terminal of Micro Double Switch.
2. Neutral Wire (White) Connection – Connect the opposite terminal on the load to the “L out” terminal of Micro Double Switch. If Neutral is not present in your gangbox, you must pull it out into the gangbox.
3. Load 1 and 2 Wire – Connect to the Load terminal of Micro Double
4. Wall Switch Wire Connection – Connect two 18 AWG copper wires to the Wall Switch terminal on Micro Double Switch.
5. Wall Switch Wire Connection – Connect the wires from item #3 to the external Wall Switch.
1. Mounting In-Wall Box.
1. Position all wires to provide room for the device. Place Micro Double Switch inside the wall box towards the back of the box.
2. Position the antenna towards the back of the box, away from all other wiring.
3. Reinstall the wall switch to the wall box.
4. Reinstall the cover plate onto the wall box.
2. Restore Power
Restore power at the circuit breaker or fuse and then this completes the installation of your Micro Switch or Micro Smart Double Switch
Z-Wave Network Instructions.
Micro Double Switch must be paired (included) into a Z-Wave network before it can receive Z-Wave commands. Micro Switch can only communicate to devices within its own Z-Wave network.
Adding/Including/Pairing Micro Double Switch into a Z-Wave Network.
1. Press the button labeled “Include” on the Aeotec Minimote to begin the Z-Wave inclusion process.
If you are pairing your Micro Double Switch into an existing gateway, please refer to your gateways instruction on how to begin the Z-Wave inclusion process.
Note: To include Micro Double Switch with other controllers, please consult the operation manual for these controllers on how to include them into the network.
2. Press the internal button on Micro Double Switch to begin the pairing process into your Z-Wave network
Removing/Resetting Micro Double Switch from your Z-Wave Network.
1. Press the button labeled “Remove” on the Aeotec Minimote to begin the Z-Wave removal process.
Note: To remove Micro Double Switch from other controllers, please consult the operation manual for these controllers on how to remove Z-Wave products from an existing network.
2. Tap the internal button to initiate unpair process into your Z-Wave network
Note: Another way to reset by Micro Double Switch is pressing and holding the button which is on Micro 20 seconds.
Turning On/Off Micro Double Switch
Use any of the below methods to allow power through or cut power from Micro.
• Through the usage of Z-Wave commands built into Z-Wave certified control points. (The specific Z-Wave commands supporting this function are the Basic Command Class, Multilevel Switch Command Class, and Scene Activation Command Class) Please consult the operation manual for these controllers for specific instructions on controlling Micro Double Switch.
• Pressing the button on Micro Switch will toggle power flow (on/off) through Micro
• Toggling the external switch attached to Micro Switch will toggle power flow (on/off) through Micro
Change Mode on the External Switch/Button Control
IMPORTANT: Must be used for manual dimming of switch.
• Micro Double Switch can be locally controlled via 2-state (flip/flop) external wall switch or momentary push button. To set the mode to the appropriate type of wall switch wired into Micro, toggle the button on the wall switch once after pairing into the Z-Wave network; allow 2 seconds for Micro to detect the type of wall switch.
• Pressing and holding the button on Micro Double Switch for 5 seconds (the LED will go from will cycle modes between the type of wall switch wired into Micro.
The available modes are: 2-state (flip/flop) wall switch mode and momentary push button mode.
Note: If the wrong mode is set, you may cycle modes to the correct mode by pressing and holding the button on Micro for 5 seconds (the LED will go from solid to blinking).If the mode of the external switch has not been set. the LED will be blinking, Press once the button on the wall switch to auto-detect.