For users using SmartThings Hub, Smart Dimmer 6 may require custom device type support until SmartThings adds native compatibility with the sensor.
Developer Robert Vandervoort has created a custom device type for Smart Dimmer 6 and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Smart Dimmer 6 Github code by Robert Vandervoort
iOS device handler: https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings/blob/master/Aeon%20SmartDimmer%206/device_type-aeon-smartdimmer6-v0.1
- Android device hander: https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings/blob/master/Aeon%20SmartDimmer%206/device_type-aeon-smartdimmer6-v0.1-ANDROID
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/) and click on the "My Device Types" link on the top menu
- Click on "My Locations"
- Then click on the name of your SmartThings hub located under column "Name" (This would have been a name you've chosen, the default naming is "Home")
- Click on "My Device Handlers"
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "+ Create New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy Robert's code from Github, and paste it into the code section.
- Install it on your Smart Dimmer 6 by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Smart Dimmer 6 and click on it.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Smart Dimmer 6 and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler.
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes