For users using SmartThings Hub, Garage Door Controller may require custom device type support until SmartThings adds native compatibility with the sensor.
Developer Robert Vandervoort has created a custom device type for Garage Door Controller and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Garage Door Controller Github code by Robert Vandervoort
Version Information V0.1
- Basic Functions Work (Open, Close)
Follow the steps below:
- Login to SmartThings Web IDE (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on the "My Locations" tab on the top left
- Then select your gateway (typically it is called "Home"
- Go to tab "My Device Handlers"
- Create a new Device Handler by click on "New Device Handler" located near the top right.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy Robert's code from Github, and paste it into the code section.
- Click on "Save"
- Then Publish -> Publish for me.
- Install it on your Garage Door Controller by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Garage Door Controller.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Garage Door Controller and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler.
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes