You can update your Z-Stick Gen5, if you are not sure what firmware version your Z-Stick Gen5 is, you can update Z-Stick Gen5 without resetting your Z-Wave network.
- Windows 7 or later
- Z-Wave SDK version updated to V6.515.10
Download Firmware V1.01
Install Driver (Required)
- Download Driver through this link: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6071670591
- Unzip ZW050x_USB_Programming_Driver.zip into any folder (recommended software to unzip, WinZip or WinRar).
- Open up the folder and find the .inf file
- Right click on "zw05xxprg.inf"
- Select "Install"
Update Z-Stick Gen5
- Unzip "Z_Stick_G5_V1_01_DFU.zip" into any folder (EU or US version depending on your Z-Wave Frequency.
- Open up the folder, and open "ZStick_G5_Update tool.exe"
- Connect your Z-Stick Gen5 to your PC, ensure that it is not connected to any software interface
- Connect your Z-Stick Gen5 to update software through "Settings -> COMx"
Click on "OK"
If successful, at the bottom of your software, it will state:
COM3 in the above image will depend on what COM port your Z-Stick Gen5 is connected through (ie. COM5, COM10, etc).
Click on "Update" and the update process will finish in roughly 3 minutes.