As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Smart Dimmer 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Smart Dimmer 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Smart Dimmer 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec and Microsoft Windows.
- Updated Z-Wave library
To upgrade your Smart Dimmer 6 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Smart Dimmer 6 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Smart Dimmer 6 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Smart Dimmer 6.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Smart Dimmer and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.07 - ZW099-B only
European Union frequency - version 1.07 - ZW099-C only
United States frequency - version 1.12 - ZW099-A only
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Smart Dimmer_6_***.ex_” to “Smart Dimmer_6_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Smart Dimmer 6's “Action Button”. At this stage, the Smart Dimmer 6 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Smart Dimmer 6 (shows as "Sensor Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click UPDATE. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Smart Dimmer 6 will begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.