As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Garage Door Controller is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Garage Door Controller's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Garage Door Controller's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
IMPORTANT -Please perform these steps with Garage Door Controller Gen5 and your Z-Wave USB Adapter within 10ft / 3m distance from eachother to avoid miscommunication/bricking of your device.
Changes from V1.10 to V1.11:
- Added the button function: Press and hold the Switch Button for 10 seconds, the GDC will enter into calibration mode.
- Bugfix: When using the manual switch open the garage door, the GDC doesn't send out the OPEN state report.
Changelogs for V1.12
- Bugfix: Fixed bitmask in barrier command class use.
Changelogs for V1.14
- Optimized code for ringtone driver
- Resolves noise issues when controlling sound changes through manual push button.
To upgrade your Garage Door Controller using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Garage Door Controller is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Garage Door Controller manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Garage Door Controller.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Garage Door Controller and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.14
European Union version frequency - version 1.14
United States version frequency - version 1.14
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Garage Door Controller_***.ex_” to “Garage Door Controller_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Garage Door Controller's “Action Button”. At this stage, the Garage Door Controller will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Garage Door Controller (shows as "Sensor Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click GET.
12. Just tap the UPDATE button on the Garage Door Controller then the update should begin. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Garage Door Controller will begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.