For users using SmartThings Hub, HEM G2 may require custom device type support until SmartThings adds native compatibility with the sensor.
Developer Alex Ruffell has created a custom device type for HEM G2 and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/alexruffell)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
HEM Gen2 Github code by ClassicGOD
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/) and click on the "My Device Types" link on the top menu
- Click on "My Locations" at the top menu.
- Select your SmartThings hub gateway
- Now click on "My Device Handlers"
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy ClassicGODs' code from Github (https://github.com/ClassicGOD/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/classicgod/aeotec-hem-gen5.src/aeotec-hem-g2.groovy), and paste it into the code section.
(PRO-Tip) When copy any pasting code, click on the "Raw" button on github, then press "CTRL+a" then "CTRL+c" to copy all of the code. Then click on the code section in SmartThings IDE and press "CTRL + v"
- Click on "Save", then wait for the spinning wheel to finish.
- Click on Publish -> Publish for me.
- Install it on your HEM G2 by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your HEM G2.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current HEM G2 and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (Scroll to the bottom and select "Aeotec HEM G2")
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes