Removing an Aeotec Z-Wave device from your Z-Wave network is a straightforward process.
1. Put your gateway into device removal mode.
- If you're using a Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5, unplug it and bring it to be within a few metres of your Z-Wave device. Press and hold the Action Button on Z-Stick for 2 seconds; its main light will begin to blink rapidly to indicate that it is searching for devices to remove.
- If you're using a MiniMote, bring it to be within a few metres of your Z-Wave device. Press the Remove button on your MiniMote; its red light will begin to blink to indicate that it is searching for devices to remove.
- If you're using an alarm panel from 2Gig
1. Tap on Home Services.
2. Tap on Toolbox (represented by a wrench icon located in the corner).
3. Enter the Master Installer Code.
4. Tap Remove Devices.
Other Z-Wave Gateway or Hubs
- If you're using another Z-Wave gateway or hub, you need to put it into 'remove product' or 'exclusion mode'. If you're not sure of how to do this, please refer to your gateway or hub's user manual.
2. Put the Aeotec Z-Wave device into removal mode.
For most Aeotec Z-Wave products, putting them into removal mode is as simple as pressing and releasing its Action Button. The Action Button is the primary button that you also use to add the device into a Z-Wave network.
A few devices don't have this Action Button, however;
Key Fob Gen5.
While Key Fob Gen5 has 4 main buttons, the button used to put add or remove it from a network is the pinhole Learn button that can be found on the rear of the device. Of the two pinhole buttons on the back, the Learn button is the pinhole on the left when the key chain is at the top of the device.
1. Take the pin that came with Key Fob Gen5, insert it into the right hole on the rear, and press Learn. Key Fob Gen5 will enter removal mode.
LED Bulb Gen5.
As a light bulb, LED Bulb doesn't have its own button. Instead you can put it into removal mode by
1/ Installing it into a light fitting that is controlled by an external switch.
2/ Putting the switch into the ON position and leaving it for at least 10 seconds.
3/ Make sure that the Main Z-Wave gateway is in device removal mode or unpair mode4/ Toggling that switch on and off, with a 1 second pause between each change, in this sequence: OFF -> ON -> OFF -> ON -> OFF -> ON. That is, change the switch from OFF to ON three separate times resting 1 second between each change.
While MiniMote has 4 main buttons, the button used to put add or remove it from a network is the Learn button. It is alternatively labelled as Join on some editions of MiniMote. The Learn button can be found by sliding MiniMote's cover to reveal the 4 smaller buttons which are Include, Remove, Learn, and Associate when read in a clockwise fashion starting in the top left corner.
1. Pull down MiniMote's slide panel to reveal the 4 smaller control buttons.
2. Tap the Learn button. MiniMote will enter removal mode.
With the above 2 steps performed, your device will have been removed from your Z-Wave network and the network should have issued a reset command to your Z-Wave device.