IMPORTANT - Please make sure that the model number (located on the back) of the WallMote Quad is the ZW130 before downloading and performing the update process.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, WallMote Quad is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have WallMote Quads firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, WallMote Quad's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave compliant Z-Wave USB Adapters from any manufacturer) with Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10.
Firmware change log V1.08
- Solves issue when USB is plugged in, battery levels are reported wrong.
- Solves issue with pairing taking too much time to complete.
- Solves LED indicator issue when mute mode is enabled.
- Solves issue where OTA process is terminated unexpectedly.
Firmware change log v1.07.
- Solves issue where WallMote Quad freezes and cannot be activated unless plugged into a USB port.
- Solves quick battery drain issues.
Requirements for update.
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (ie. Z-Stick Lite, Z-Stick S2, Z-Stick Gen5, UZB1, SmartStick+, or any other Z-Wave Adapter that conforms to Z-Wave standards).
- Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, or 10).
To upgrade your WallMote Quad using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your WallMote Quad is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your WallMote Quad manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. Skip to step 3 if your WallMote Quad is part of a Z-Stick controlled Z-Wave network already.
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your WallMote Quad.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your MultiSensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.08 - for ZW130-B only
European Union version frequency - version 1.08 - for ZW130-C only
United States version frequency - version 1.08 - for ZW130-A only
- Unzip the file and open the folder that appears.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface - double click ZW130_WallMoteQuad_US_A_V1_08_hex__TargetZwave__.exe file for example.
- If Z-Stick or Z-Wave USB Adapter is connected automatically, skip to step 10, if not, please continue through steps 7 - 9.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
- A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
- Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
- Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the WallMote Quads “Action Button”. At this stage, the WallMote Quad will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
- Highlight the WallMote Quad Node in the list.
- Go to the "Firmware Update" Tab
- You'll notice one button "Start", click on "Start" button (It is highly suggested that you keep WallMote Quad on USB power for this update.)
- The software will then say, node is non-listening, request added to command queue for Node.
- At this time, tap the button on WallMote Quad (small button located on the back), then the firmware update should continue.
- After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm a successful firmware update.
- Now close the program, and connect your WallMote Quad to your primary gateway.