This page lists the groovy code and installation instructions to install a custom device handler over your SmartThings hub and form part of the larger Water Sensor 6 user guide.
For users using SmartThings Hub, Water Sensor 6 may require custom device type support until SmartThings adds native compatibility with the sensor.
Developer Robert Vandervoort has created a custom device type for Water Sensor 6 and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Recommended Water Sensor 6 Github code
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE and click on the "My Device Types" link on the top menu (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "Locations"
- Select your SmartThings Home Automation gateway that you want to put the device handler in
- You may need to login again, if not, continue to step 5.
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy Robert Vandavoorts code from Github (
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/robertvandervoort/Aeon_Water_Sensor_6_ZW122/master/aeon_water_sensor_6_ZW122-v1.groovy), and paste it into the code section in the SmartThings IDE Device handler code box.
- Click on "Save", then wait for the spinning wheel to disappear before continuing.
- Click on "Publish" -> "Publish for me"
- Install it on your Water Sensor 6 by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Water Sensor 6.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Water Sensor 6 and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeon Water Sensor 6).
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes