As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Dual Nano Switch without energy reading (ZW140) is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Dual Nano Switch (ZW140) firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Dual Nano Switch without energy reading (ZW140) firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your ZW140 Dual Nano Switch without energy reading, firmware updating the ZW140 without energy reading will brick your device and void warranty.
- Make sure that you do not use this to update the ZW132 Dual Nano Switch with energy reading to avoid bricking the ZW132. This update will not work for ZW132.
Changes from V1.02:
- Resolves Association Framework issue for pairing into a new network.
- Added Binary, Association, Multichannel Association into Multichannel Command.
- Added 0x7B, 0xFB parameter settings (Configuration CC).
- Fixes external switch bug.
To upgrade your Dual Nano Switch without energy reading (ZW140) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Dual Nano Switch without energy reading (ZW140) is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Dual Nano Switch (ZW140) manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Dual Nano Switch without energy reading (ZW140).
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Dual Nano Switch without Energy Reading (ZW140) and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.02
European Union version frequency - version 1.02
United States version frequency - version 1.02
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Dual Nano Switch_***.ex_” to “Dual Nano Switch_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Dual Nano Switch without energy reading (ZW140) “Action Button”. At this stage, the Dual Nano Switch (ZW140) will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Dual Nano Switch (ZW140) which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list.
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.