This page lists the groovy code and installation instructions to install a custom device handler over your SmartThings hub and form part of the larger Range Extender 6 user manual.
Repeater device handler by jhamstead
Follow the steps below:
- Login to SmartThings Web IDE (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on the "My Locations" link on the top left, then select your gateway locations
- Make sure to select your gateway location (typically the gateway would be named "Home")
- Click on the "My Device Handler" Tab
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy code from Github (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jhamstead/jhamstead/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-repeater.src/zwave-repeater.groovy), and paste it into the code section.
- Install it on your Repeater by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Repeater and click on it.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Repeater and click on "Edit." (button next to "Delete")
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (scroll to the bottom of the list and find "Z-Wave Repeater" and select it).
- Click on "Update" (button next to "Delete")