Special thanks to dioblodale for providing the custom device handler which can be found here: https://github.com/diablodale/nanodimmer
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "Locations"
- Select your SmartThings Home Automation gateway that you want to put the device handler in
- You may need to login again, if not, continue to step 5.
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner. (Green Button)
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy diablodale code from text file in this link (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/diablodale/nanodimmer/master/nano-dimmer.groovy), and paste it into the code section.
- Click on "Save", then wait for the spinning wheel to disappear before continuing.
- Click on "Publish" -> "Publish for me"
- Install it on your Nano Dimmer by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Nano Dimmer.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Nano Dimmer and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeotec Inc Nano Dimmer).
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes