As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Range Extender 6 (ZW117) is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Range Extender 6 (ZW117) firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Range Extender 6 (ZW117) firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your Range Extender 6 ZW117, firmware updating the ZW117 will brick your device and void warranty.
Changes in V1.05
- Updated Z-Wave Libraries
To upgrade your Range Extender 6 (ZW117) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Range Extender 6 (ZW117) is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Range Extender 6 (ZW117) manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Range Extender 6 (ZW117).
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Garage Door Controller and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.05
European Union version frequency - version 1.05
United States version frequency - version 1.05
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “ZW117_RangeExtender_Gen6_S0_***.ex_” to “ZW117_RangeExtender_Gen6_S0_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Range Extender 6 (ZW117) “Action Button”. At this stage, the Range Extender 6 (ZW117) will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Range Extender 6 (ZW117) which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list.
11. Click on "Node Information" button.
12. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.