This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Nano Switch via OTA software and form part of the larger Nano Switch user guide.
Update ZW116 Nano Switch with energy reading firmware via HomeSeer.
Our guide to upgrading Nano Switch firmware via HomeSeer can be found by following the given link.
Update ZW116 Nano Switch with energy reading firmware via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Nano Switch with energy reading (ZW116) is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Nano Switch (ZW116) firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Nano Switch with energy reading (ZW116) firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your ZW116 Nano Switch with energy reading, firmware updating the ZW116 with energy reading will brick your device and void warranty.
- Make sure that you do not use this to update the ZW139 Nano Switch without energy reading to avoid bricking the ZW139. This update will not work for ZW139.
Changes from V2.01
- Added the configuration 0xF7 parameter to configure the external two-wire switch mode (Default setting changed to allow 2-state to toggle regardless of its position);
Added the configuration 0xF8 parameter to configure the external button network management function
- Added WallSwipe as a simple panel function;
- Added configuration 0x15 parameter to enable/disable wallswisp infrared function and infrared trigger scene report function;
- Added the configuration 0x40-0x45 parameter to configure the colors of the back light of WallSwipe, IR action, and back light mode;
- Added configuration 0x90 parameter to report the connection status of wallswipe;
- Resolves Association Framework issue for pairing into a new network.
- Added Binary, Association, Multichannel Association into Multichannel Command.
- Added 0xFB parameter settings (Configuration CC).
- 0x7A use to set control for S1 and S2
0x7A has been split to 0x7A to change control over S1, and 0x7B to change control over S2 terminal.
To upgrade your Nano Switch with energy reading (ZW116) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Nano Switch with energy reading (ZW116) is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Nano Switch (ZW116) manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Nano Switch with energy reading (ZW116).
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Nano Switch with Energy Reading (ZW116) and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 2.01
European Union version frequency - version 2.01
United States version frequency - version 2.01
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Nano Switch_***.ex_” to “Nano Switch_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Nano Switch with energy reading (ZW116) “Action Button”. At this stage, the Nano Switch (ZW116) will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Nano Switch (ZW116) which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list.
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.