This page lists the groovy code and installation instructions to install a custom device handler over your SmartThings hub and form part of the larger TriSensor user guide.
For users using SmartThings Hub, TriSensor may require custom device type support until SmartThings adds native compatibility with the sensor.
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Recommended TriSensor Github code
(by Robert Vandavoort)
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "My Locations"
- Select your SmartThings Home Automation gateway that you want to put the device handler in.
- Select tab "My Device Handlers"
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy Robert Vandavoort code from Github, and paste it into the code section (https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/robertvandervoort/aeon-trisensor.src/aeon-trisensor.groovy)
Pro-Tip: Click on "RAW", CTRL + A (select all text), CTRL + C (copy highlighted text), then click on the code section for SmartThings IDE, then CTRL+V (paste all copied text).
- Click on "Save", then wait for the spinning wheel to disappear before continuing.
- Click on "Publish" -> "Publish for me"
- If you have not paired the TriSensor yet, please skip steps 11 - 16. When you pair TriSensor, the custom device handler should automatically be used.
- Install it on your TriSensor by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your TriSensor.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current TriSensor and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeon TriSensor).
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes