This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Nano Switch's Z-Wave firmware via HomeSeer's OTA function and form part of the larger Nano Switch user guide. If you are looking to update Nano Switch's firmware by other means refer to the separate firmware article.
This article will guide you through upgrading Nano Switch firmware to the following versions using HomeSeer;
- US Frequency Nano Switch (ZW139-A): upgrade firmware to V2.00
- EU Frequency Nano Switch (ZW139-C): upgrade firmware to V2.00
- AU Frequency Nano Switch (ZW139-B): upgrade firmware to V2.00
A change-log describing each version can be found here.
Please download the firmware version that corresponds to your frequency of Nano Switch from the footer of this article or the above links. The frequency is noted in the filename (e.g. US frequency filename includes US). Ensure that you do not download or utilise the incorrect version of firmware.
Open up Homeseer HS3 in your native browser.
- Ensure that HomeSeer Z-Wave plugin is running Version 220.127.116.11 or later; you can check this under PLUG-INS -> Manage within HomeSeer. Should your version be lower than 18.104.22.168, please upgrade HomeSeer's Z-Wave plugin to enable its over-the-air firmware update feature.
- Download the correct HomeSeer compatible HEC file that corresponds to your version of Nano Switch as described above.
Go to the "Home" tab within HomeSeer.
Select the root of your Nano Switch which is "Aeon Nano Switch"
Click on Z-Wave, then expand "Firmware Update"
Click on "Select File"
Select the HEC firmware file that you downloaded, in this example image Smart Switch 6 US_v_1.05.hec, and select "Open".
- Click on "Start".
The firmware update process shall begin. Should you be using HomeSeer software in conjunction with Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, its LED will flash rapidly to indicate that it is processing information the firmware upgrade. Step back and take a quick coffee break while the update finishes. This process will take about 5 minutes in total.
Congratulations, the firmware update is now complete.
Over-the-air firmware upgrades for Aeotec devices are described on Aeotec.com and the downloadable files provided for your convenience. The upgrade functionality itself is provided and warranted / supported by HomeSeer directly. If experiencing issues with firmware upgrades, please contact HomeSeer for further, specialised support.