This section goes over troubleshoot/FAQ guide for common issues with Z-Weather, this is not a guide but a supplement to the larger Z-Weather user guide.
Inclusion does not work.
Ensure that the distance of Z-Weather to your Z-Wave Controller is no more than 3m distance with a clear line of sight between the 2 devices when pairing Z-Weather. Ensure that no metal objects are within 10 cm around the area of Z-Weather and Z-Wave controller as this can limit the communication range.
- Tap Z-Weathers button 3x times in 1.5 seconds to enter pairing mode.
If this does not work, factory reset Z-Weather by:
- Pressing and holding the button on the bottom of the device for 1.5 seconds.
Z-Weather does not respond to button press.
Make sure that you charge Z-Weather for at least a full day if possible, place the Solar Cell side directly towards sunlight and allow Z-Weather to charge for a full day before trying again.
Device does not function with my gateway.
1. This is typically an integration issue with a Z-Wave gateway, not all Z-Wave gateway/hub/controllers are made equal and require direct integration of this product. If this device is showing up as a generic switch or generic device, it is likely that further integration is needed from your z-Wave gateway/hub/controller manufacturer.
2. Network issues can limit the functions of Z-Weather. Make sure that you check the distance that Z-Weather has to go through to report, it is possible you may need to install a repeater to help relay the message from Z-Weather to your Z-Wave controller.
Some environment obstacles to watch out for:
- 24cm thick wall can reduce the angle at which the radio beams hit the wall
- Reinforced concrete walls
- Metal Walls (Metal has wireless reflective properties).
In these cases, a repeater may be needed if you find that Z-Weathers communication is not reaching your Z-Wave Controller.
3. Low battery can affect the range at which Z-Weather can communicate at or make the communication less strong.
Temperature displayed is not accurate.
Temperature is based on the ambient temperature, it will report temperatures based on its local and environment. This may cause the temperature sensor to deviate from the actual value of the area.
Some items that can affect temperature:
- Heavy Winds
- Direct Sunlight
Brightness displayed in %.
This is normal, the brightness value of this unit is light intensity, this value is outputted as a percentage instead of a lux value. This value is determined by the solar cell. The deviation of error is up to 7%.
Z-Weather sends irregular values.
Transmission times highly depend on how charged Z-Weather is. If Z-Weather is fully charged, all values will be reported at a normal interval, while if battery is closer to depletion, the interval of reports will increase (less reports) in order to conserve power.
If Z-Weather is reporting less, wait until a very sunny day and allow Z-Weather to fully charge up to see more rapid reports.
Permanent power to Z-Weather.
This is possible if the proper modifications are done, but we cannot recommend doing so as this will void warranty.