To get the most out of Siren 6 with SmartThings, it's recommended that a custom device handler is used. Custom device handlers are code that allow the SmartThings Hub to maximize features of attached Z-Wave devices, including Siren 6.
This page forms part of the larger Siren 6 user guide. Follow that link to read the full guide.
Siren 6 Community page.
https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-aeotec-siren-6/164654 (by krlaframboise)
Steps of Installing Device Handler:
- Login to Web IDE and click on the "My Device Types" link on the top menu (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "My Locations"
- Select your SmartThings Home Automation gateway that you want to put the device handler in (in the image below, my SmartThings gateway is called "Home", this may be different for you)
- Select tab "My Device Handlers" (If you performed step 3 properly, you should be in the home page)
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy krlaframboise code from Github, and paste it into the code section. (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/krlaframboise/SmartThings/master/devicetypes/krlaframboise/aeotec-siren-6.src/aeotec-siren-6.groovy )
- Click on the raw code page and select all by pressing (CTRL + a)
- Now copy everything highlighted by pressing (CTRL + c)
- Click on the SmartThings code page and paste all code (CTRL + v)
- Click on "Save", then wait for the spinning wheel to disappear before continuing.
- Click on "Publish" -> "Publish for me"
- (Optional) You can skip steps 11 - 16 if you pair Siren 6 after installing the custom device handler. Siren 6 should automatically pair with the newly added device handler.
If already paired, please continue forward to the following steps.
- Install it on your Siren 6 by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Siren 6.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Siren 6 and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeotec Siren 6).
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes
Aeotec Siren 6 screenshots.
Configure Siren 6 volume and sounds.
Configuration of Siren 6 requires you to configure them through "SmartThings Classic." SmartThings Connect will not allow you to configure your sounds and volume that Siren 6 utilizes. To configure your Siren 6:
- Open up SmartThings Classic (Connect will not allow you to configure).
- Go to "My Home"
- Open up Siren 6 by tapping on it
- At the top right corner, click on the "Gear" Icon
- This will bring you to the configuration page which you will need to tap each option you want to configure.
- Silence Alarm with Action Button - allows you to enable or disable alarm disable utilizing its push button.
- Tamper Volume - Set the volume of the alarm when Siren 6 has been tampered with.
- Switch On Action - Configured how the "ON" button on the front interface functions.
- Siren Sound - Sets the sound when the Siren Button is activated.
- Siren Volume - Sets the volume of Siren sound.
- Strobe Light Effect - Allows you to choose how the LED reacts when Siren is activated.
- Siren Repeat - Allows you to determine the amount of time the sound repeats for Siren function.
- Siren Repeat Delay - Sets a timed delay between each Siren repeat
- Siren Tone Intercept Length - Allows you to choose how long a single sound plays for.
- Default Chime Sound - Sets the default sound when pressing the "Chime" button on the front interface.
- Default Chime Volume - Sets the Chime buttons volume.
- Chime Light Effect - Sets how the LED reacts when the Chime button is pressed.
- Chime Repeat - Allows you to determine the amount of time the sound repeats for Chime function.
- Chime Repeat Delay - Determines the delay between each chime sound repeat.
- Chime Tone Intercept Length - Allows you to choose how long a single sound plays for.
- Enable Debug Logging - Allow logging of functions from this custom device handler.
- After configuring all the settings that you want, click on "Save" located at the top right corner.
- On the main page of Siren 6, click on the "Sync" Button to sync the new changes.
- Test the following buttons that you have configured: On, Chime, Siren, Strobe, Both.