Update POPE700892 POPP Door / Window Sensor via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Door/Window Sensoris firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA). For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Door/Windows Sensor firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your POPE700892 Popp Door/ Windows Sensor, firmware updating the Door / Window Sensor will brick your device and void warranty.
- Make sure that you do not use this to update the ZWA008 Door/WIndow Sensor 7 to avoid bricking the Door / Window Sensor 7. This update will not work for Door Window Sensor 7 and will brick and void your warranty if attempted.
Changes in V1.00/V1.02
- Added configuration 0x0E (15) parameter for setting tilt sensitivity
To upgrade your Door /Windows Sensor 7 (POPE700892) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Door / Windows Sensor is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Door / Window Sensor manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Door / Window Sensor.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Door / Window Sensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Popp Door Window Sensor FW 1.02 - EU
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “POPP DOOR WINDOW SENSOR_0154_***.ex_” to “POPP DOOR WINDOW SENSOR_0154_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Press the tamper of Door / Window Sensor 3 times shortly. At this stage, the Door / Window Sensor will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Door / Window Sensor which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list
11. Select the "queue" option, see below screenshot:
11. Press the tamper switch of Door / Window Sensor 2 times to wake up the Sensor.
12. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.