Upgrade POPP Smoke Detector POPE009402 to POPE700342
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Smoke Detector is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA). For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Smoke Detector firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your POPE009402 Popp Door/ Windows Sensor, firmware updating the Door / Window Sensor will brick your device and void warranty.
- This Update is only for firmware Version 1.14
Changes in V1.14 to V3.05
- Change the Device ID from 340.4.4 to 340.4.16
- Disables FLIRS
- Deactivates the siren function.
To upgrade your Smoke Detector (POPE009402) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Smoke Detector is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Door / Window Sensor manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Smoke Detector
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Smoke Detector and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Smoke Detector Upgrade
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “ZME_EI_SMOKE_SLEEPING_EU***.ex_” to “ZME_EI_SMOKE_SLEEPING_EU***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Press the button shortly on the Smoke Detector and the will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Door / Window Sensor which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START
12. Press the button on the smoke detector 2x briefly to confirm and the firmware update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.
Note! The device now has a different device ID and can no longer be recognized by the USB Z-Wave Controller. Reset the smoke detector to the factory setting.
Manually Factory 10 Year Smoke Detector.
1. Press and hold the Z-Wave Button for 10 seconds.
2. (@ 5 seconds) the LED will begin flashing
3. (@ 10 seconds) the Siren will sound a short beep to indicate a successful factory reset.
4. Now release the Z-Wave Button.