This firmware update is only for ZWA006-C
Update Smart Boost Timer Switch firmware via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Smart Boost Timer Switch is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Smart Boost Timer Switch's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Smart Boost Timer Switch's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec and Microsoft Windows.
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (ie. Z-Stick, SmartStick, UZB1, etc)
- Windows XP and up.
Firmware Patch Note Release
- FIxed some issues
- Optimization of the schedule
- Added power reset after exclusion.
- Optimized the code for responding to Get CC in the application layer.
To upgrade your Smart Boost Timer Switch using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Smart Boost Timer Switch is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Smart Boost Timer Switch manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Smart Boost Timer Switch.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Smart Boost Timer Switch and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
European Union version frequency - version 1.06
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “HWS_ZW***.ex_” to “HWS_Z_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Smart Boost Timer Switch. At this stage, the Smart Boost Timer Switch will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Smart Boost Timer Switch NodeID.
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Smart Boost Timer Switch will begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.