This page provides the steps to download and use SiLabs PC Controller 5 (Zensys Tools 5) as the ultimate management tool with your Z-Stick Gen5 and form part of the larger Z-Stick Gen5 user manual.
SiLabs now offers their Zensys Tools 5 for free as long as you sign up and create an account through Silabs. Zensys Tools 5 can be used with Z-Stick Gen5 or any Z-Wave USB Adapter as a method to debug your network or see more on how Z-Wave communicates through experimentation.
Notes - You may download the older PC Controller tool at the bottom of this article for version 4.76.
- Windows OS
Follow these steps to download PC Controller 5.
- Click on this link here to create an account with Silicon Labs: https://siliconlabs.force.com/apex/SL_CommunitiesSelfReg?form=short (If you already have an account, please skip to step 3)
- Confirm your account via the confirmation email from Silabs.
- Now Login to your account.
- Download Simplicity Studio 5 here and select the OS you are using: https://www.silabs.com/developers/simplicity-studio
- Install Simplicity Studio 5, after installation, the interface should automatically open up.
- Login to your account you created on Silicon Labs webpage:
- Wait for Simplicity Studio to fetch all units...
- Select "Install by Product Group".
- Select "Z-Wave" then click on "Next".
- Choose the software and SDKs that you want to install, but for these steps, you want only "Z-Wave PC Controller".
- Now Click on "Finish".
- Wait for everything to install, then Simplicity Studio will ask you to restart your PC. You can choose to reset your PC or don't.
- Now on Simplicity Studio, press the small wrench icon.
- Now find Z-Wave PC Controller, then press OK to open up Z-Wave PC Controller.
- Any time you want to open up Z-Wave PC Controller, you must:
- Open up Simplicity Studio.
- Log in.
- Click on the Wrench icon.
- Select the software you want to open, then press OK.