Update Door/Window Sensor 7 V1.01
Modified on: Wed, 8 Jan, 2020 at 2:15 PM
Update Door/Window Sensor 7 firmware via HomeSeer.
Our guide to upgrading Door/Window Sensor 7 firmware via HomeSeer can be found by following the given link.
Update ZWA008 Door / Window Sensor 7 via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Door/Window Sensors firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA). For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Door/Windows Sensor firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your ZWA008 Aeotec Door/ Windows Sensor 7, firmware updating the Door / Window Sensor 7 will brick your device and void warranty.
- Make sure that you do not use this to update the POPE700852 POPP Door/Window Sensor 7 to avoid bricking the Door / Window Sensor. This update will not work for Popp Door Window Sensor and will brick and void your warranty if attempted.
Changes from V1.00 to V1.01
- Fix battery bug (rapidly draining)
To upgrade your Door /Windows Sensor 7 (ZWA008) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Door / Windows Sensor 7 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Door / Window Sensor 7 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Door / Window Sensor.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Door / Window Sensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Aeotec Door Window Sensor FW 1.01 - ZWA008-A for US
Aeotec Door Window Sensor FW 1.01 - ZWA008-B for ANZ
Aeotec Door Window Sensor FW 1.01 - ZWA008-C for EU
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “DOORWINDOWSENSOR_***.ex_” to “DOORWINDOWSENSOR***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE to place the Z-Stick into inclusion/pair mode. Now, Press the tamper switch of Door / Window Sensor 3 times quickly. At this stage, the Door / Window Sensor 7 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network. (Keep the cover removed on D/W Sensor 7 for the following steps.)
10. Highlight the Door / Window Sensor which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list
11. Select the "queue" option, see below screenshot, ensure that it is checked:
11. Press the tamper switch of Door / Window Sensor 7, 2 times to wake up the Sensor.
12. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful firmware update.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.