This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Nano Shutter via OTA software and form part of the larger Nano Shutter user guide.
Update ZW141 Nano Shutter firmware via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Nano Shutter is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Nano Shutter firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Nano Shutter firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
1. Added Parameter #51：Curtain Trip Time for UP (Open) moving (unit = 0.01 second).
Default value = 15000 = 150 seconds.
500-32767 = 5 - 327.67 seconds.
500 – 32767
(5 – 327.67 seconds)
Note: This configuration will not change after network exclusion.
2. Added Parameter #52: Set whether the Curtain Trip Times for UP and Down are equal.
Default value = 1.
0 = the Curtain Trip Times for UP and Down are not equal.
1 = the Curtain Trip Times for UP and Down are equal (Parameter #35).
Note: This configuration will not change after network exclusion or Configuration Reset.
1. Resolves issue where Nano Shutter freezes during use for older Nano Shutter hardware.
(V3.04)1. Updated the SDK to v6.81.03 for supporting S2/ SmartStart Inclusion.
2. Changed the Device type to Motor_C type for supporting the configuration of specific position.
3. Added Shutter and Venetian calibration modes to support position control of Shutter / Venetian.
4. Added Central Scene CC for supporting manually triggering Scene control.
5. Added configuration parameters 0x22-0x31, see the engineering spec for details.
6. Added Multilevel Switch Report of parameter 0x50.
7. LED Status modifications
8. Remove Association Group 3
9. Remove Switch Binary Set CC from Association Group 2 list.
10. The Manufacture ID is changed from 0x0086 to 0x0371.
11. Added Positional control through dimming controls
To upgrade your Nano Shutter using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
1. If your Nano Shutter already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Nano Shutter manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already) Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
2. Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Nano Shutter.
Note: By changing the Manufactor ID, the device is set to factory status after the update and cannot be reached more via the network. A new inclusion is required.
Warning: Downloading and activating the wrong frequency firmware will brick your Nano Shutter and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Do not use ZW141 Nano Shutter update on any other Z-Wave product.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 3.05
European Union version frequency - version 3.06
United States version frequency - version 3.05
3. Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Nano Shutter_***.ex_” to “Nano Shutter_***.exe”.]
4. Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
5. Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
6. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
7. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
8. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Nano Shutter“Action Button”. At this stage, the Nano Shutter (ZW141) will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
9. Highlight the Nano Shutter which if you followed step 8, should be the last node at the bottom of the list.
10. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
11. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.