This guide guides you through the necessary steps to connect Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen5 (ZW095) with SmartThings Connect via Z-Wave. The SmartThings Connect app is available from Android and iOS app stores. This page forms part of the larger Home Energy Meter Gen5 user guide. Follow that link to read the full guide.
- Power your Home Energy Meter Gen5. Ensure that the Red LED is blinking slowly before moving forward once it is powered.
- Launch Samsung's SmartThings Connect app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Tap the + button on the dashboard.
- Tap Add device in the drop down menu.
- Tap Scan located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Press the Action Button on Home Energy Meter Gen5 once.
The LED will flash red during the pairing process. Once successful, the LED will become solid red and remain that way as long as it is paired into your network.
- The Home Energy Meter Gen5 will automatically appear after a short time.
- Rename your sensor or leave its original name. If you are finished, press the < back button and scroll down to the Unassigned room to find your Home Energy Meter Gen5.
- If you click on the Home Energy Meter Gen5 device, you can view its other energy readings.
SmartThings default device handler will only show the total Watt and kWh consumption used. If you need to see more data such as individual clamp readings including voltage and current data, you can install the optional custom device handler by ClassicGod.
You can find its steps to installing this custom device handler here: Home Energy Meter Gen5 custom SmartThings device handler.