This guide guides you through the necessary steps to connect Aeotec Range Extender 6 (ZW117) with SmartThings Connect via Z-Wave. The SmartThings Connect app is available from Android and iOS app stores. This page forms part of the larger Aeotec Range Extender 6 user guide. Follow that link to read the full guide.
- Power your Range Extender 6. Ensure that the LED cycling through rainbow colors before moving forward once it is powered.
(If the LED turns on for 2 seconds, then de-activates, factory reset the Range Extender 6 by pressing and holding its Action button down for 20 seconds).
- Launch Samsung's SmartThings Connect app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Tap the + button on the dashboard.
- Tap Add device in the drop down menu.
- Tap Scan located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Press the Action Button on Range Extender 6 once.
The LED will flash green during the pairing process. Once successful, the LED will become solid green for 2 seconds, and either flash its yellow LED or de-activate its LED.
- The Range Extender 6 will automatically appear after a short time.
- Rename your sensor or leave its original name. If you are finished, press the < back button and scroll down to the Unassigned room to find your Range Extender 6.
As long as Range Extender 6 is connected to your SmartThings hub, it will assist your Z-Wave devices by repeating nearby Z-Wave devices that are having issues already communicating with your SmartThings hub.