This solution explains how AutoPilot™ security can be used to secure any location and space created in AutoPilot™ server. It forms part of a broader guide on managing and using AutoPilot which can be found here.
Any sensor type devices connected to AutoPilot server can be used to trigger an alarm state through AutoPilot security.
Alarm Condition specifies which devices causes AutoPilot security to trigger an alarm state while armed. This page allows sensors to be added from any space created in AutoPilot server, and determine what state causes an alarm to happen.
Alarm Action decides what actions are performed when the alarm from AutoPilot security is triggered. A notification to any email, AutoPilot automation shortcut, or controllable devices can be activated during any specific security state:
Alarm - determine what happens when AutoPilot security goes into an alarm state.
Delay alarm - sets a delay before an alarm event happens between 1 - 1800 seconds and determines what happens during the delayed alarm state.
Arming - determine what happens when AutoPilot security gets armed.
Disarming - determine what happens when AutoPilot security gets disarmed.
Clear - determine what happens when AutoPilot security alarm state is cleared.
Advanced settings - Allows you to set how often the alarm event repeats.
(Dis)-arm by Time uses the schedule to define when the system is automatically armed and disarmed. Insert time periods in which the system is armed. The system is disarmed in all nonselected periods.
(Dis)-arm by Device Determine which device you use to arm and disarm the system.
Create AutoPilot security using connected sensors
This section will provide you a step by step method to utilizing AutoPilot security.
- Under "Alarm Condition", select any space to expand all available sensor devices in that space.
- Add the sensor device as a trigger to AutoPilot security alarm by pressing the "+" button next to the device.
- Above, decide what state of each selected sensor device will trigger an alarm using the toggle switch located on the right.
- Select "Alarm Action" in AutoPilot security.
- Select to expand each condition that you want to trigger a notification or to control a AutoPilot automation shortcut or individual device.
Delay - Only present in some options that will allow a delay before an alarm state happens in either "Delayed alarm" or "Arming" conditions.
Notification - Use the assigned email from Aeotec ID and/or input a separate email, and include a personalized message to notify yourself and/or others.
Device controlled by Alarm - Select a space to expand all available and controllable devices to select what happens to them.
- Select "(Dis)-arm by Time" in AutoPilot security.
- Determine when AutoPilot security is armed or disarmed. To select the time slots that are armed, click and drag the schedule screen to determine what day and times are alarmed. Non-selected areas are considered unarmed times.
Armed - Highlighted in blue.
Unarmed - A grey or white color.
- At the bottom left of the "(Dis)-armed by Time" page, determine if arm/disarm by time is inactive or active.
- Select "(Dis)-arm by Device" in AutoPilot security.
- Select a space to expand it.
- To add any available devices, select the "+" button next to the device.
- Select the added device to control what happens.
Arming conditions - Decide what state of the selected device causes AutoPilot security to be armed.
Disarm conditions - Decide what state of the selected device causes AutoPilot security to be disarmed.
Reset conditions - Decide what state of the selected device causes AutoPilot security to reset its alarm state.
- When you finish programming AutoPilot security, select "Save" located at the bottom right corner of any AutoPilot security screen.