This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Smart Switch 6's Z-Wave firmware via HomeSeer's OTA function and form part of the larger Smart Switch 6 user guide. If you are looking to update Smart Switch 6's firmware by other means refer to the separate firmware article.
Warning - Do not update Oomi Plug FT096 with Aeotec Smart Switch 6 firmware, this will cause your Oomi Plug to lose energy report calibration.
This article will guide you through upgrading Smart Switch 6 firmware to the following versions using HomeSeer;
- US Frequency Smart Switch 6 (ZW096-A): upgrade firmware to V1.07
- EU Frequency Smart Switch 6 (ZW096-C): upgrade firmware to V1.04
- AU Frequency Smart Switch 6 (ZW096-B): upgrade firmware to V1.04
A change-log describing each version can be found here.
Please download the firmware version that corresponds to your frequency of Smart Switch 6 from the footer of this article or the above links. The frequency is noted in the filename (e.g. US frequency filename includes US). Ensure that you do not download or utilise the incorrect version of firmware.
Make sure that the Smart Switch 6 is within 10ft direct line of sight of your Z-Wave USB Adapter or it can brick your Smart Switch due to a fault in communication.
Open up Homeseer HS3 in your native browser.
- Ensure that HomeSeer Z-Wave plugin is running Version 188.8.131.52 or later; you can check this under PLUG-INS -> Manage within HomeSeer. Should your version be lower than 184.108.40.206, please upgrade HomeSeer's Z-Wave plugin to enable its over-the-air firmware update feature.
- Download the correct HomeSeer compatible HEC file that corresponds to your version of Smart Switch 6 as described above.
Go to the "Home" tab within HomeSeer.
Select the root of your Smart Switch 6 which is "Aeon Labs Switch Binary"
Click on Z-Wave, then expand "Firmware Update"
Click on "Select File"
Select the HEC firmware file that you downloaded, in this example image Smart Switch 6 US_v_1.05.hec, and select "Open".
- Click on "Start".
The firmware update process shall begin. Should you be using HomeSeer software in conjunction with Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, its LED will flash rapidly to indicate that it is processing information the firmware upgrade. Step back and take a quick coffee break while the update finishes. This process will take about 5 minutes in total.
Congratulations, the firmware update is now complete.
Over-the-air firmware upgrades for Aeotec devices are described on Aeotec.com and the downloadable files provided for your convenience. The upgrade functionality itself is provided and warranted / supported by HomeSeer directly. If experiencing issues with firmware upgrades, please contact HomeSeer for further, specialised support.