Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor was developed to detect open/close of door/windows, temperature, and vibration while it is connected to Aeotec Smart Home Hub. It is powered by Aeotec Zigbee technology.
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor must be used with a Aeotec Smart Home Hub in order to work. The Aeotec works as Smart Home Hub user guide can be viewed at that link.
Familiarize yourself with Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- User manual
- Health and safety guide
- Magnetic ball mount
- 3M adhesive strips
- 1x CR2450 battery
Important safety information.
- Read, keep, and follow these instructions. Heed all warnings.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce hear.
- Only use attachments and accessories specified by the Manufacturer.
Connect the Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
Steps in SmartThings.
- From the Home screen, tap the Plus (+) icon and select Add Device.
- Select Scan Nearby (at the bottom).
- Tap Start.
- While the Hub searches (LED on your hub should be flashing green):
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor which should cause the sensor to flash red/green while it is scanning for a hub.
Using Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor is now a part of your Aeotec Smart Home Hub network. It will appear as an Open/Close widget that can display open/close status or temperature sensor readings.
This section will go over how to display all information in your SmartThings app.
Steps in SmartThings.
- Open SmartThings Connect
- Scroll down to your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- Then tap Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor widget.
- On this screen, it should display:
You may use Open/Close and Temperature sensor in an Automation to control your Aeotec Smart Home Hub home automation network. To learn more about programming automations, follow that link.
How to remove Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor from Aeotec Smart Home Hub
If your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor is not performing as you expected, you'll likely need to reset your Multipurpose Sensor and remove it from Aeotec Smart Home Hub to begin a fresh start.
1. From the Home screen, select Devices and find your Multipurpose sensor
2. Press and hold the Multipurpose sensor widget until the popup appears.
3. Tap Remove
4. Tap Delete to confirm
5. Once deleted, your Multipurpose sensor should automatically factory reset (confirmed by flashing red/green LED on the sensor)
How to replace the battery of your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
If your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor is low on battery power, you'll need to replace its battery with a new CR2450 3V battery.
- Slide the plastic casing off the battery by pulling away outwards (opposite direction of where the magnet is located)
- Press outwards the small tab, then lift the CR2450 DC 3V battery out to remove it.
- Replace with a new CR2450 DC 3V battery
Factory reset your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor can be factory reset at any time if you come across any issues, or if you need to re-pair Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor to another hub.
Steps in SmartThings Connect.
- Press and Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds.
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red.
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect.
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed in "Connect the Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor" above.
Next to: Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor technical specification