Aeotec Water Leak Sensor was developed to detect water and temperature while it is connected to Aeotec Smart Home Hub. It is powered by Aeotec Zigbee technology.
Aeotec Water Leak Sensor must be used with an Aeotec Smart Home Hub in order to work. Aeotec works as Smart Home Hub user guide can be viewed at that link.
Familiarize yourself with Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
- Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
- User manual
- Health and safety guide
- 1x CR2 battery
Important safety information.
- Read, keep, and follow these instructions. Heed all warnings.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce hear.
- Only use attachments and accessories specified by the Manufacturer.
Connect the Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
Steps in SmartThings Connect
- From the Home screen, tap the Plus (+) icon and select Device.
- Select Aeotec and then Water Leak Sensor (IM6001-WLP).
- Tap Start.
- Choose a Hub for the device.
- Choose a Room for the device and tap Next.
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor.
- Scan the code on the back of the device.
Using Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
Aeotec Water Leak Sensor is now a part of your Aeotec Smart Home Hub network. It will appear as a water sensor widget that can display leak status or temperature sensor readings.
This section will go over how to display all information in your SmartThings Connect app.
Steps in SmartThings Connect.
- Open SmartThings Connect
- Scroll down to your Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
- Then tap Aeotec Water Leak Sensor widget.
- On this screen, it should display:
You may use water and temperature sensor in an Automation to control your Aeotec Smart Home automation network. To learn more about programming automations, follow that link.
Replace battery in Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
Aeotec Water Leak Sensor can have its battery easily replaced. Water Leak Sensor uses 3.0V CR2 batteries.
1. Locate the small "open" text engraved in the bottom of the Water Leak Sensor, it will tell you the direction to push the grey plastics.
2. Grab the upper white plastics with one of your hands, and with the other, push the grey plastics away with your thumb in the direction of the "open" engravings arrow.
3. Once pushed out, pull the 2 plastics apart which you should now be able to reach and replace the battery.
4. It is recommended to wait at least 1 minute before putting in a new battery to allow all old power to drain from the devices' capacitors.
How to remove Aeotec Water Leak Sensor from Aeotec Smart Home Hub
If your Aeotec Water Leak Sensor is not performing as you expected, you'll likely need to reset your water leak sensor and remove it from Aeotec Smart Home Hub to begin a fresh start.
1. From the Home screen, select Menu
2. Select More Options (3 dot icon)
3. Tap Edit
4. Tap Delete to confirm
Factory reset your Aeotec Water Leak Sensor
Aeotec Water Leak Sensor can be factory reset at any time if you come across any issues, or if you need to re-pair Aeotec Water Leak Sensor to another hub.
Steps in SmartThings Connect
- Press and Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds.
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red.
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect.
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed in "Connect the Aeotec Waterleeak Sensor" above.
Next to: Aeotec Water Leak technical specification