Below are the pinouts for the ZB-Shield.
OS: Linux - Raspian "Stretch" or higher:
The ZB-Shield uses the same port as Bluetooth. To use ZB-Shield, you must deactivate Bluetooth before ZB-Sheild can form a connection to your RPi.
- Open an SSH connection to your system, use Putty (Link), you can find out how to connect Putty to RPi in this link: SSH Putty to RPi.
- Find the IP of your RPi by accessing your WiFi router interface (ie. http://192.168.0.1 is the most common ip login for a WiFi router, if you do not know, refer to your WiFi routers instruction manual).
- Location the page listing all connected devices and their IP addresses.
- Note down the IP of your raspberrypi
In the above example image, the raspberrypi IP Address is "192.168.0.11".
- Enter the user "pi".
- Enter your password "raspberry" (standard).
- Now enter the following command.
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
- Add the following line depending on the hardware version of RPi that you are using.
Raspberry Pi 3
Raspberry Pi 4
- Exit the Editor with Ctrl X and save with Y.
- Reboot the system with:
- Login with SSH again, enter your username and password.
- Check if the port ttyAMA0 is available with:
dmesg | grep tty