POPP ZB-Stick was developed to control actuators and sensors in a Zigbee Network as a self-powered Zigbee USB Adapter Adapter.
The technical specifications of ZB-Stick can be viewed at that link.
Important safety information
Please read this and other device guides carefully. Failure to follow the recommendations set forth by Aeotec Limited may be dangerous or cause a violation of the law. The manufacturer, importer, distributor, and/or reseller will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from not following any instructions in this guide or other materials.
Keep product and batteries away from open flames and extreme heat. Avoid direct sunlight or heat exposure. Improper battery use may damage the product.
ZB-Stick is intended for indoor use in dry locations only. Do not use in damp, moist, and/or wet locations.
The following will step you through using ZB-Stick when it is attached to a host controller (PC) as a primary controller.
- Please make sure the drivers corresponding to your respective OS are installed.
In most cases, the host controller will automatically install the required USB drivers when ZB-Stick is plugged in.
If not, the USB driver can be downloaded from www.silabs.com part CP2102N which can be found here: SiLabs CP2102N Driver.
- Plug ZB-Stick into a host controller (that can be a PC, Mac, RPi, etc).
- Windows - Open up "Ports & LPT" under Device Manager. The ZB-Stick shows as a COMX device (where X can be a number value range of 0 - 1000).
- Linux - under your command prompt, type in "dmesg | grep tty" which will give you a list of all tty devices connected. ZB-Stick will show as a "ttyUSB0" device.
- OSX - Choose Apple > System preferences, then click "Network". You can find ZB-Stick as a USB Modem device "/dev/cu.usbmodem".
- Open your selected third-party software.
- Following your third-party software instructions for connecting a Z-Wave USB adapter. Select the COM or virtual port ZB-Stick is associated to (if you do not have one already, refer to section "Compatible software and setup guides").
Any devices that are already paired with ZB-Stick network will automatically show up in the software's interface once connected, it may require you to rescan the ZB-Stick to re-detect devices it has not detected before.
Compatible software and setup guides
For the ZB-Stick to be used with your software of choice, it must support the Zigbee bridge library. Below is a list of all the known software that is compatible with ZB-Stick and how to set them up.