This page lists Aeotec product technical specifications for Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor and forms part of the larger Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor.
1. Connect Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor to SmartThings Connect.
- Open SmartThings Connect app.
- From the Home screen, tap the Plus (+) icon and select Device.
- Select Aeotec and then Multipurpose Sensor (IM6001-MPP).
- Tap Start.
- Choose a Hub for the device.
- Choose a Room for the device and tap Next.
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor.
- Scan the code on the back of the device.
2. Change the following settings in the SmartThings IDE.
- Login to Web IDE (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "My Locations", then select the location your hub is located in.
- Click on "My Devices" page
- Find your Multipurpose Sensor, then click on it.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select "SmartSense Garage Door Multi" device handler (can be found in alphabetical order)..
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes