This guide is an additional guide to the Smart Switch 7 user guide on how to connect Smart Switch 7 to your AutoPilot which will display widget cards featuring:
- Aeotec Switch
- LED Dimmer
- LED Color
Steps to connect MultiSensor 7 to AutoPilot.
- Open up AutoPilot UI
- Click on "DEVICES"
- Click on "+ Add new"
- Click on "+"
- Click on "+ Add"
- Now tap the Action Button on your Smart Switch 7.
- (If Security is enabled) - Select an option in the popup page.
- Basic - Automatically uses the highest safety class
- Pro - Select the security level you want to use. A multiple selections is possible.
- S2 Unauthentificated - High security level - no further input necessary
- S2 Authentificated - High security level - PIN entry required. You will find the PIN on the device or packaging.
- S2 Access - High security level for locks - PIN entry required. You will find the PIN on the device or packaging.
- None - The security mode is ignored.
- If you selected Basic or Pro (with S2 Authentication), input the 5 digit PIN code or DSK code next under the QR code.
- Select OK
- You should have access to its settings and allowed widget control over Smart Switch 7. Feel free to name it whatever you'd like, make sure to press save to save the new name.
How to remove Smart Switch 7 from AutoPilot.
- Open up AutoPilot UI.
- Click on "DEVICES".
- Click on "+ Add new".
- Click on "Remove Device".
- Now tap the Action Button on Smart Switch 7.
- If successful, AutoPilot will go to the previous page, and state "Exclusion Successful" at the top right.
1. Having issues pairing your device?
- Move your Sensor within 4 - 10 ft of your AutoPilot, its possible that it is too far if you do not have any repeaters capable of Network Wide Inclusion.
- Remove power from AutoPilot for 1 minute, then power it up again and wait for it to boot back up.
- Remove power from Smart Switch 7 for 1 minute, then power it up again.
- Try factory resetting or removing your Smart Switch 7.
- Exclude first in case the device actually paired to your hub otherwise it will leave a phantom device in your network that will be difficult to remove.
- Perform a manual hard factory reset.
- Press and hold the Action Button for 20 seconds until the LED becomes solid green. If successful, the LED will fade its blue LED in and out.
2. Not completing its interview?
- Try force interviewing the specific command classes after pairing if requested.
- Force Interview the individual command classes,
- In the device's page, click "Command Class" which will expand the command class list
- Look down the list and find any X marks under "Results"
- If you see any X values, click on it to force interview that command class.
- Now tap the Action Button once on Smart Switch 7 once to wake it up and take the interview.
- Exclude and then try including your Smart Switch 7 once more.