This manual will guide you over the update of your ZB-Stick firmware and forms as an expanded guide to ZB-Stick user guide.
Warning: Firmware update of the ZB-Stick is at your own risk. Failure to properly firmware update your ZB-Stick will result in loss of warranty. We assume no liability for any loss of data due to damage of the ZB-Stick during or by the update. Please use only the firmware file provided on this solutions page if you proceed with its firmware update.
- POPP ZB-Stick
- Raspberry Pi 3 or 4
- Operating system Raspian Buster
- Putty or similar software for SSH access
Preparation of the Raspberry Pi
- For an existing system with current usage.
- Deactivate the connection between your software (e.g. Home Assistant) and the ZB-Stick
Determine USB port
- Determine the USB port to which your ZB-Stick is connected. Use the following command
In this image example, the ZB-Stick is ttyUSB0
Installation of Python 3
- Log in to your Raspberry Pi via SSH.
- Update your system to the current state with the following command
- Now start the installation of Python 3 with the following command
|sudo apt install python3 idle3|
- Confirm with 'Y' when prompted
Installation of Update Tools
- Use the following command to download the latest tool and firmware to your Raspberry PI
- Change to the directory
- Install the additionally required tools with the following command
|sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt|
- Download the firmware with the following command
- Test the connection to the ZB-Shield with the following command: (Adjust the COM port)
| python3 Elelabs_EzspFwUtility.py probe -p /dev/ttyUSB0|
Note: If an error is displayed, please check and ensure that all programs accessing the ZB-Shield have been closed. Disable Bluetooth and check your interface settings.
Perform update over ZB-Stick
- Start the update with the following command: (Adjust the COM port )
CAUTION! Do not remove the stick before the process is complete. This will damage the ZB-Stick.
|python3 Elelabs_EzspFwUtility.py flash -f fw.gbl -p /dev/ttyUSB0|
- Check if the update was successful. To do this, enter the following command
(Adjust the COM port )
| sudo python3 Elelabs_EzspFwUtility.py probe -p /dev/ttyUSB0|