This page contains the firmware update files for illumino Dimmer Switch and forms part of the larger illumino Dimmer Switch user guide.
- Adds additional settings for Parameter 83
- 3 = Inverted LED state based on output
- 4 = LED always on, blinks when state changed
- Adds manual button press and parameter setting lock (Parameter 252)
- Parameter 252 [1 byte] =
- 0 = Lock disabled
- 1 = Lock enabled
Download illumino Dimmer Switch .GBL firmware update
Before you update
Please make sure you download the correct Z-Wave Frequency and begin the update with the illumino Dimmer Switch as close as 10ft / 3m distance to your hub to avoid any possible firmware update issues to avoid bricking your device.
It is highly recommended to run USB power when firmware updating this sensor.
Update with an existing Z-Wave hub
In order to use the GBL update files, your Z-Wave gateway must support OTA firmware update. If supported, follow the steps from your Z-Wave Gateway/hub/software to firmware update your illumino Dimmer Switch.
Update using a Z-Wave USB Adapter
If your software does not support .GBL files yet, you can use PC Controller 5 (connected to any standard Z-Wave USB Adapter) by SiLabs to firmware update with GBL files. This software is a Windows exclusive.
You can find that PC Controller 5 here through Simplicity Studio: SiLabs Simplicity Studio
Following the update below, make sure that you have your illumino Dimmer Switch at most 10ft from your Z-Wave USB Adapter during the update to avoid any failures.
- Follow the steps outlined here to get access to Simplicity Studio and PC Controller 5: https://help.aeotec.com/support/solutions/articles/6000226205-z-wave-command-class-configuration-tool-download-
- Download the correct Z-Wave Frequency firmware update for your illumino Dimmer Switch.
- Open up Z-Wave PC Controller software through Simplicity Studio
- Plugin your Z-Wave USB Adapter
- Click on the "Gear" icon and select the COM port your Z-Wave USB Adapter is connected to.
- Click on "Network Management"
- Click on "Remove", then tap the button on illumino Dimmer Switch.
- Click on "Add", then tap the button on illumino Dimmer Switch.
- Deselect all security options (this will help speed up your firmware update process), then press OK.
- Click and highlight your new illumino Dimmer Switch Node.
- Click on the Home icon button on the top left corner.
- Click on OTA Firmware Update.
- Ensure your illumino Dimmer Switch node is highlighted, then press Get.
- Under Firmware Update, click on the folder icon.
- Then select the firmware update file you downloaded on step 2 of these instructions, then click Open.
- Highlight Target 0 (under Firmware Targets:).
- Then click on Update.
- Wait a few minutes while you wait for the firmware update to finish.