Aeotec Smart Switch 6.
To see whether Smart Switch 6 is known to be compatible with your Z-Wave system or not, please reference our Z-Wave gateway comparison listing. The technical specifications of Smart Switch 6 can be viewed at that link.
Get to Know your Smart Switch.
Note: this figure is a sample of USA version. For other versions, the product appearance would be different.
Important safety information.
Please read this and other device guides carefully. Failure to follow the recommendations set forth by Aeotec Limited may be dangerous or cause a violation of the law. The manufacturer, importer, distributor, and/or reseller will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from not following any instructions in this guide or in other materials.
Keep product away from open flames and extreme heat. Avoid direct sun light or heat exposure.
Smart Switch 6 is intended for indoor use in dry locations only. Do not use in damp, moist, and / or wet locations.
Different versions of Smart Switch 6 offer different maximum amperage ratings and configurations depending on the country they have been made for:
1. Max-amperage: 10 amps for ZW096-B09; 13 amps for ZW096-C07 and ZW096-C16; 15 amps for ZW096-B14 and ZW096-A02
2. EU version compatible with E/F plug type only.
Getting your Smart Switch up and running is as simple as plugging it into a wall socket and adding it to your Z-Wave network. The following instructions will tell you how to add your Smart Switch to your Z-Wave network via Aeotec Z-Stick or Minimote controller, and general instructions if using an existing gateway/controller. If you are using other products as your main Z-Wave controller, such as a Z-Wave gateway, please refer to the part of their respective manual that tells you how to add new devices to your network.
If you're using an existing gateway:
1. Place your gateway or controller into Z-Wave pair or inclusion mode. (Please refer to your controller/gateway manual on how to do this)
2. Press the Action Button on your Switch once and the LED will flash a green LED.
3. If your switch has been successfully linked to your network, its LED will become solid green for 2 seconds. If linking was unsuccessful, the LED will return to a rainbow gradient.
With your Smart Switch now working as a part of your smart home, you’ll be able to configure it from your home control software. Please refer to your software’s user guide for precise instructions on configuring Smart Switch to your needs.
Default LED color (Energy Mode).
The color of RGB LED will change according to the output load power level when it is in Energy mode (default use [Parameter 81 [1 byte] = 0]):
While the Switch is in an ON state:
- The colors of the LED will change based on the power being used by the load plugged into Smart Switch 6.
While the Switch is in an OFF state:
- The LED will appear as a light purple.
You can also configure the brightness and color of RGB LED when the Smart Switch is in Night Light mode by setting Parameter 81 [1 byte] = 2, or set it into Momentary mode by setting Parameter 81 [1 byte] = 1 to have the LED turn off after 5 seconds during a state change.
Removing your Smart Switch from a Z-Wave network.
Your Smart Switch can be removed from your Z-Wave network at any time. You’ll need to use your Z-Wave network’s main controller to do this and the following instructions will tell you how to do this using a Aeotec Z-Stick or Minimote controller. If you are using other products as your main Z-Wave controller, please refer to the part of their respective manuals that tells you how to remove devices from your network.
If you're using an existing gateway:
1. Place your gateway or controller into Z-Wave unpair or exclusion mode. (Please refer to your controller/gateway manual on how to do this)
2. Press the Action Button on your Switch.
3. If your switch has been successfully unlinked from your network, its LED will become a rainbow gradient. If linking was unsuccessful, the LED will become green or purple depending on how your LED mode is set.
Changing LED mode.
You can change the mode of how the LED acts through configuring Smart Switch. There are 3 different modes: Energy mode, Momentary indicate mode, and Night Light mode.
Energy mode will allow the LED to follow the state of Smart Switch, when the switch is on, the LED will be on, and while the switch is off, the current colour LED will be off and then remain the purple colour of 10% brightness. Momentary indicate mode will momentarily turn the LED on for 5 seconds then turn off after every state change in the switch. Night light mode will allow the LED to be turned on and off during your selected time of day you have configured for it.
Parameter 81 [1 byte dec] can be set to:
(0) Energy Mode
(1) Momentary Indicate Mode
(2) Night Light Mode
Advanced Security or Basic Security feature of your Smart Dimmer in Z-wave network:
If you want your Smart Switch as a non-security device in Z-wave network, you just need to press the Action Button once on Smart Switch when you use a controller/gateway to add/include your Smart Switch.
In order to take full advantage of the Smart Switch functionality, you may want your Smart Switch as a security device that uses secure/encrypted message to communicate in your Z-wave network, so a security enabled controller/gateway is needed.
Pair in Advanced Security Mode:
- Put your existing secure gateway into pair mode
- During the pairing process, tap the Action button of the Smart Switch 6 twice within 1 second.
- Blinks blue to indicate advanced secure pairing.
Pair in Basic Security Mode:
- Put your existing gateway into pair mode
- During pairing process, tap the Action button of the Smart Switch 6 once.
- Blinks green to indicate basic secure pairing.
Testing Health Connectivity.
You can determine the health of your Smart Switch 6s direct connectivity to your gateway (no routing nodes) using a manual button press, hold, and release function which is indicated by the LED color.
1. Press and hold Smart Switch 6 Action button
2. Wait until the RGB LED turns into a Purple Color
3. Release Smart Switch 6 Action Button
The RGB LED will blink its Purple color while sending ping messages to your gateway, when it has finished, it will blink 1 of 3 colors:
Red = Bad Health
Yellow = Moderate Health
Green = Great Health
Be sure to watch for the blink, as it will only blink once very quickly.
Reset your Smart Switch.
If at some stage, your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you may wish to reset all of your Smart Switch 6 settings to their factory defaults and allow you to pair it to a new gateway. To do this:
- Press and hold the Action Button for 20 seconds
- The LED will change between these colors:
- Red (blinks faster and faster)
- Green (Successful indication of factory reset)
- Rainbow LED (waiting to pair to new network)
- When the LED changes to Green state, you may let go of the action button.
- When the LED changes to a rainbow LED state, it will indicate that it is ready to pair to a new network.
Additional information on other Gateways uses.
Smartthings hub has basic compatibility to the Smart Switch 6, it does not allow you to access its advanced configuration functions readily. In order to make full use of your Smart Switch 6 to its fullest, you must install a custom device handler in order to access other functions of the switch.
You can find the article for the custom device handler here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000086383-using-smart-switch-6-with-smartthings-hub-s-custom-device-type
The article contains the github code, and information used to create the article. If you need help installing the custom device handler, please contact support about this.
More Advanced Configurations.
The Smart Switch 6 has a longer list of device configurations that you can do with Smart Switch 6. These are not exposed well in most gateways, but at the least you can manually set configurations through most Z-Wave gateways available. These configuration options may not be available in a few gateways.
You can find the configuration sheet by clicking here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6102433596
If you have any questions on how to set these, please contact support and let them know what gateway you are using.