Developer Robert Vandervoort has created a custom device type for Doorbell Gen5 and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Doorbell Gen5 Github code by Robert Vandervoort
Doorbell Gen5 Github code by krlaframboise
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE and click on the "My Device Handler" link on the top menu (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "Create New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy Robert's or any other custom code from Github, and paste it into the code section.
- Click on "Save"
- Click on "Publish" then "Publish for me"
- Install it on your Doorbell Gen5 by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Doorbell Gen5 in the list of "My Devices" and click on it to open up its device page.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Doorbell Gen5 and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler.
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes