As a part of our Gen5 range of products, LED Bulb is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have LED Bulb's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, LED Bulb's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave USB Adapter such as a UZB1 or SmartStick+ as further examples) and Microsoft Windows.
Firmware Change Logs:
1. Changes made to Parameter 37 and 38
2. Added Parameter 39
3. Excel Sheet programmer for Parameter 37-39 to create animation easily (Download Here)
4. More accurate color changing (blue diode change in value was too fast)
5. Updated Z-Wave Library
6. Supports AT25PE20 eeprom (later hardware)
To upgrade your LED Bulb using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your LED Bulb is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your LED Bulb manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your LED Bulb.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your LED Bulb and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.07
European Union version frequency - version 1.07
United States version frequency - version 1.07
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “LED_Bulb_***.ex_” to “LED_Bulb_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Starting from the ON position, turn the LED Bulb OFF, wait 1 second, then turn it back ON.
10. Highlight the LED Bulb (shows as "Switch Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click UPDATE. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your LED Bulb will begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.