Single-pole wiring installation for illumino Switch
Modified on: Mon, 30 May, 2022 at 6:12 PM
This guide will lead you on how to wire your illumino Switch to your existing gang-box and lighting as a single-pole switch for lighting control. This guide is a expansion of the illumino Switch user guide.
What you'll need in this guide.
General US color coding for wires.
Black = AC Live or Load input
White = AC Neutral
Red = Traveler wire (not used in this guide).
Bare copper = Ground (not used in this guide).
How to fit wires into illumino Switch.
Single pole wiring diagram.
Steps to installing illumino Switch.
Determine your wires.
1. Safety step: Turn off the circuit breaker connected to your light switch that you will be installing illumino Wall Switch to.
2. If replacing an existing switch, remove the faceplate.
3. Safety step: test all switch terminals to ensure no power is present with a voltage screwdriver.
4. Detach switch from your gang box
5. Separate and spread out all wires to ensure no exposed wires are touching each other or other objects.
6. Turn the circuit breaker back on.
7. Test all wires with a voltage screwdriver to determine which wire is AC Live. (Do not touch any exposed wires directly with your hands).
The voltage screwdriver should indicate which wire has power.
8. Safety step: Turn off the circuit breaker.
9. Mark the AC Live wire that you found in step 7, and make note of your wires:
The black wire that you marked with electrical tape is AC Live.
The unmarked black wire is your Load Input wire.
Both white wires are AC Neutral and Load Neutral.
10. Note that all terminals are clearly marked on the back of the illumino Switch which references what wires should be connected to them.
Wire your illumino Switch.
11. Wire illumino Switch in place.
Connect AC Neutral and Load neutral to the Neutral terminal.
Connect Load wire to Load terminal.
Connect AC Live to the Live terminal.
12. Secure illumino Switch to your gangbox.
13. Turn the circuit breaker back on.
14. If wired correctly, the LED at the bottom right of your illumino Switch will fade in and out to indicate it is powered and ready to be paired.