You'll be able to control Popp Smart Thermostat through Smart Home Hub / SmartThings to control your room or your home's internal temperature following the video and steps in this guide. It forms a larger part of the Popp Smart Thermostat user guide.
Software setup steps.
- Open up Smart Thermostat by:
- Placing your thumb in the intended outline, then use your other hand to pull off the cover.
- Insert 2 AA batteries.
- Fit the cover back over the batteries.
- Pair Popp Smart Thermostat to your Smart Home Hub / SmartThings.
- Open up SmartThings app.
- From the dashboard, tap "+" (located top right of your screen).
- Tap "Add Device"
- Tap "Scan Nearby"
- Android - Located on the top right of your screen.
- iOS / iPhones - Located at the bottom right of your screen.
- On your Popp Smart Thermostat, tap the small button located under the display screen.
- Ensure the "W" icon appears on your display.
- Give it about 20 seconds to pair. Once paired, Popp thermostat will appear on your SmartThings app as a device.
- Rename it as you like.
- Then tap the back button located at the top left a few times to go back to the Dashboard homepage of your SmartThings app.
Install Popp Smart Thermostat to your thermostat.
- Remove the older thermostat connected to your radiator.
- Select the correct adapter that can properly screw into your radiator and screw it onto your radiator first.
- Take your Popp Smart Thermostat and twist it clockwise over the adapter.
- Tap the button once under the display.
- Wait a few seconds, once Popp Smart Thermostat is finished with the installation, the set temperature for your room should display over your Smart Thermostats display.
Control Popp Smart Thermostat on SmartThings.
- Open up SmartThings app, or go to the dashboard.
- Tap "Devices"
- Swipe your screen right/left to the room it is located in. (If you haven't moved it yet, it will be located in the "Unassigned" room).
- Tap the Popp Smart Thermostat widget to access its page.
- From here you can control the temperature setting.
Manually control Popp Smart Thermostat.
- Go to the room where your Popp Smart Thermostat is located.
- Twist the bottom base to increase or decrease the set temperature value you want your home/room to be.
- Twist Clockwize
- Increase the set temperature by 1.
- Twist Counter-Clockwize
- Decrease the set temperature by 1.
- Twist Clockwize