Aeotec Wallmote 7 has been crafted to control connected lighting using Z-Wave Plus. It is powered by Aeotec’s Gen7 technology. You can find out more about Wallmote 7 by following that link.
To see whether Wallmote 7 is known to be compatible with your Z-Wave system or not, please reference our Z-Wave gateway comparison listing. The technical specifications of Wallmote 7 can be viewed at that link.
Get to know your illumino WallMote 7.
Your illumino WallMote 7 comes packaged with several accessories that will help with its installation and operation.
- illumino WallMote 7
- Wall Plate
- Screw Plate
- Face Plate
- 2x Long Screws
- 2x Short Screws
- Double-sided adhesive tape
In or out of network
Action Button Press (Top or bottom buttons)
Function/Description if the button is held and released.
Out (initial 10 seconds, then inactive)
LED fades in and out once every second to indicate it is unpaired and ready to be paired.
If LED fades in and out for 10 seconds, the LED goes to sleep.
Ready to be paired.
White LED quick flash (once every 300ms when attempting to pair)
Attempting to pair to a gateway. (Send NIF), can be used to be factory reset by a gateway or paired to a gateway.
If successful - the LED becomes solid green for 2 seconds, then deactivates.
If failed - LED becomes solid Red for 2 seconds and displays unpaired LED state for 10 seconds (LED goes to sleep after 10 seconds of inactivity)
Failed pair, return to inactive ready to pair state.
Flashes color based on parameter 84 or 86 setting – Blinks 1x
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) 1x tap scene
Flashes color based on parameter 84 or 86 setting – Blinks 2x
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) 2x tap scene
Flashes color based on parameter 84 or 86 setting – Blinks 3x
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) 3x tap scene
Flashes color based on parameter 84 or 86 setting – Blinks 4x
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) 4x tap scene
Flashes color based on parameter 84 or 86 setting – Blinks 5x
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) 5x tap scene
Flashes purple color for 10 seconds while attempting to unpair.
Solid Yellow LED 2 seconds
Send Wakeup, and remain awake for 5 minutes (or until button pressed again)
LED Remains solid yellow while awake.
Solid Cyan LED 2 seconds
Toggles Enable/Disable LED indicator (Parameter 84)
Solid Pink LED 2 seconds
Toggles Parameter 82 – Enable/Disable communication failure LED
Solid Blue LED 2 seconds
Toggles Parameter 87 – Enable/disable FLiRs
Press and Hold (1-15 second)
Flashes color based on the parameter setting
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) Press and hold the scene.
Multilevel Start Level Change (Top button dims UP or Bottom button dims DOWN for Association Group 7)
Flashes color based on the parameter setting
Central Scene (button 1 or 2) Release scene
Multilevel Stop Level Change (Top/ Bottom button stops dimming)
Press and hold (16-19 seconds)
Flashes Red LED rapidly.
Press and hold (20 seconds)
Solid Blue for 2 seconds.
Manual Factory reset -> Send gateway RESET DEVICE LOCALLY
Note: When the LED turns Blue, then release the button, the LED will be solid blue for 2 seconds, during the 2 seconds, tap the button again, it will start the factory reset process, then return to factory reset LED status.
Important safety information.
Please read this and other device guides carefully. Failure to follow the recommendations set forth by Aeotec Limited may be dangerous or cause a violation of the law. The manufacturer, importer, distributor, and/or reseller will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from not following any instructions in this guide or other materials.
Keep product and batteries away from open flames and extreme heat. Avoid direct sunlight or heat exposure. Improper battery use may damage the product.
illumino WallMote 7 is intended for indoor use in dry locations only. Do not use in damp, moist, and/or wet locations. Do not power permanently. Do not charge for more than 3 hours at a time. Do note apply permanent power.
Power WallMote 7.
- Use the tool to open the remote, place the tool in and push in to separate the 2 halves.
- Remove the battery tabs
- Immediately your WallMote 7 should flash its LED to indicate it is powered.
Adding your WallMote7 to your Z-Wave network.
- Select Devices.
- Select + Add new.
- Select +.
- Select + Add.
- Tap the top or bottom switch of illumino WallMote 7 once. The LED will flash a white LED while attempting to connect.
- If prompted by AutoPilot, enter the 5 digit DSK or scan WallMote 7’s QR code.
Aeotec Smart Home Hub / SmartThings
- Open SmartThings app.
- Tap +.
- Tap Device.
- Find and select Aeotec.
- Tap Remote/button.
- Tap Aeotec Wallmote.
- Tap Start, then follow the remaining instructions to pair illumino WallMote 7.
- When prompted by your hub, tap the top or bottom switch of illumino WallMote 7 once. The LED will flash a white LED while attempting to connect.
- If prompted, enter the 5 digit DSK if on a browser or scan WallMote 7’s QR code.
You can use this method of inclusion only if your Z-Wave gateway/controller/hub supports SmartStart.
- Open up your Z-Wave hub interface from your phone app.
- Select SmartStart inclusion.
- Scan the QR code located on the WallMote 7.
- Power your WallMote 7
- Within 10 minutes after powering your WallMote 7, it will automatically get included in your Z-Wave gateway/controller/hub.
Classic Inclusion (using misc Z-Wave hub).
- Set your Z-Wave controller into pairing mode.
- Single-click the Action button on WallMote7 - the LED flashes quickly.
- After successful inclusion, the LED is solid for 2 seconds.
- Close the cover
Affixing your WallMote 7.
Install on a wall.
You may use adhesives or screws when affixing WallMote 7 directly to your wall if you are installing WallMote 7 in an area without an available gang box.
A. Using Adhesives.
- Peel off the adhesive protective sheet located on the back of the Hang wallplate.
Apply pressure to the wall in the desired installation location for 5 seconds.
Grab a screwdriver and 2 small screws, and then screw the Mounting Plate into the Hang wallplate.
Place the Face plate over the Hang wallplate and Hang Plate.
Place WallMote 7 into the center.
B. Using Screws.
Place WallMote 7 plate against the area you wish to install it.
Using a pencil, create 2 markings within the inner holes of the Hang wallplate. Then place the Hang wallplate to the side.
Use a small drill bit, drill a small hole into the middle of your pencil markings.
Grab a screwdriver, 2 long screws, and Hang wallplate; then screw the Hang wallplate over the 2 inner drilled holes.
Grab the 2 small screws and screw the Mounting Plate into the Wall Plate.
Place the Face plate over the Hang wallplate and Mounting plate.
Place WallMote 7 into the center.
Install in a gang box.
Using WallMote 7’s mounting plate, it’s possible to install it within a single or multiple gang box. This is achieved by affixing the Screw Plate to the Wall Plate, and then screw them into the gang box utilising the inner screw holes.
- Place the Hang wallplate against your gangbox, and use the 2 long screws to screw into the inner holes into your gangbox. Screw them tight.
- Take the 2 short screws and Mounting plate and screw them into the Hang wallplate.
- Grab the Face plate, and push it against the Mounting plate, it should snap-in.
- Place WallMote 7 into the center.
Send a wake-up notification.
To send your WallMote 7 new configuration commands from your Z-Wave controller
or gateway, it will need to be woken up.
- Tap the top or bottom button 7x times quickly.
- If successful, the LED will light up yellow.
Removing your WallMote 7 from a Z-Wave network.
Your WallMote 7 can be removed from your Z-Wave network at any time. You'll need to use your Z-Wave network's main controller/gateway. To do this, please refer to the part of their respective manuals that tell you how to remove devices from your network.
1. Put your primary controller into device removal mode.
2. Remove your WallMote 7 from the wall and take it near to your primary controller.
3. Press the Top or Bottom Button 6x times quickly on your WallMote 7.
4. The LED on WallMote 7 will fade its LED in and out to indicate it is ready to be paired to a new hub.
Central Scene identifiers.
The WallMote 7 supports the following button presses through Central Scene Command Class, for this to work your Z-Wave controller must support this command class:
Press and hold
Factory Reset your WallMote 7.
If at some stage, your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you will be able to factory reset your WallMote 7 which will remove itself from the previous Z-Wave network that it is paired to, and reset all configured settings back to default. These steps will need to be done to pair it to a new Z-Wave hub.
1. Press and hold the top or bottom button (20 seconds).
2. Between 1 - 15 seconds, the LED will flash based on Parameter 85 or 86.
3. Between 16 - 19 seconds, the LED will flash red rapidly.
4. At 20 seconds, the LED will become solid blue.
5. Release the button.
Ensure that the LED begins to fade in and out before you attempt to pair WallMote 7 to a new Z-Wave hub.